(Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education)
Mental and Physical Health Education
Teach children to be safe, show respect and be prepared for life in the world
We use the Entrust PSHE scheme of work which has the following 6 focus areas each year:
Me and My Safety
Me in the World
Me and Other People
Me and My School
Happy and Healthy Me
Me and My Relationships
1. From a young age, encourage your child to dress and undress independently and manage their own hygiene, such as by washing hands after using the toilet.
2. Provide a role play area resourced with materials reflecting your child's interests.
3. Encourage your child to help you plan and cook healthy recipes. Take them shopping and involve them in decision making.
5. With older children, use documentaries and other media to discuss issues around our place and responsibilities in society.
6. Give plenty of positive encouragement and praise to build self-esteem, and when they do something wrong, help them reflect on why their behaviour was naughty/unkind/selfish/rude and think of how they could have handled the situation instead.
As part of our PSHE curriculum, the children at both the Victoria and Orchard sites take part in Commando Joe's activities on a regular basis. Commando Joe's provides the children with a character learning journey where they explore as members of Team Tiger. Commando Joe's stretches the children's physical and thinking skills with different tasks which challenge the children using the ideas of the RESPECT acronym.
R - Resilience
E - Empathy
S - Self-awareness
P - Passion
E - Excellence
C - Communication
T - Teamwork
There are a few example pictures of our Commando Joe's work below:
Here are some helpful websites for parents to support the learning of PSHE.