Free School Meals
Who can get free school meals?
You can claim free school meals for your children if you are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- eligible for Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and the household income (as used by HMRC to assess tax credits) is not more that £16,190. Please note: anyone eligible for Working Tax Credit, or if you have a partner and they receive it, regardless of Income, you will not qualify
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (from 30th April 2005)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
To prevent a delay in your claim, please don't apply before either:
- Your eligiblity to working tax credit has ended but you are still receiving child tax credit and have a household income (as used by HMRC to assess tax credits) of less than £16,190, or receive one of the qualifying benefits listed above or;
- Your claim for a qualifying benefit has been accepted and the start date for the benefit has passed or;
- You have received your benefit or tax award notice showing that you meet the eligibility criteria
Parents can apply for free school meals either on line by using the following link and will be informed immediately if they are entitled or not.
Or can make application by completing the following form and returning it to the school office.