Extra Measures for Burton
Burton Local Outbreak Control
Burton Extra – New advice for Anglesey, Shobnall, Horninglow and Eton Park
The Government is bringing in new laws in England on Monday 14, in a bid to stop the spread of Covid-19.
In Burton, despite local efforts, the number of cases continues to rise. We are also introducing new Extra rules that Burton residents must follow along with the new national laws.
Unless people do, it is likely that the Government will step in and Burton could be put under “lockdown” with further bans on activities and businesses forced to close.
Burton Extra: How the Extra measures apply to you
- England: Anyone with symptoms must stay home and get a Covid-19 test. If you test positive you will need to stay home for 10 days. Children should not be sent to school if they have symptoms.
- Burton Extra: Spot checks will be made on confirmed cases to make sure people are not going out.
- England:If you test positive, everyone you live with and other people you have been in close contact with will need to stay in for 14 days
- Burton Extra: Follow-up letters are being sent and visits will be made to homes to make sure people are not going out
- England: Face coverings mut be worn on public transport and in shops
- Burton Extra: Checks are being carried out. Fines will be considered for those not wearing one
- England:From Monday it will be against the law for people to meet in groups of more than six. A limited list of exemptions to the “rule of six” will be published on the Government website
- Burton Extra: You should avoid meeting with other households. If you must, this should be with no more than one other household in one week and no more than the maximum number
- England: No more than 30 at weddings, funerals and organised sports activities
- Burton Extra: Applies to all religious ceremonies. Under-3s and over-65s should not attend
- England:Shop, pubs and restaurants must follow the national Covid-19 guidance.
- Burton Extra: Spot checks and risk of closure for businesses who ignore the rules. No more than two customers allowed in small shops
We are counting on you to go the Extra mile to protect your family and your community