At Victoria Community School we recognise that Art and Design stimulates creativity and imagination. It provides visual, tactile and sensory experiences and a special way of understanding and responding to the world. It enables children to communicate what they see, feel and think through the use of colour, texture, form, pattern and different materials and processes.
We encourage children to explore ideas and meanings through the work of a range of artists and designers. Through learning about the roles and functions of art, they can explore the impact it has on contemporary life and that of different times and cultures. The appreciation and enjoyment of the visual arts enriches all our lives.
Aims of art and design:
We aim that all pupils
- have the opportunity to record from first hand experiences and from their imagination.
- develop opportunities to select their own ideas for use in their work.
- develop creativity and imagination through a range of activities.
- develop the ability to control materials, tools and techniques.
-increase their critical awareness of the roles of art and design in different times and cultures .
- develop increasing confidence within the use of visual and tactile elements and materials .
-foster an enjoyment and appreciation of artists, crafts people and designers.
This is what we have to say about art at our school:
All website content copyright © Victoria Community School
Website design by PrimarySite