Welcome to Year 1 Maple!
Our Job Roles
Behaviour Ambassador - Mehr
Smartbots - Aayat & Ahmed
School Council - Mahnoor & Sameer
Sports Council - Rita & Adam
ECO Warrior - Shiza
Our topics enable us to develop and apply knowledge and skills in different areas of the curriculum, such as history, geography and art. These lessons take place during the afternoon. We do link our topic work with our English learning through stories, poems and drama. Where possible, we go on educational visits or invite visitors in, so that we develop our learning and understanding more.
|Changes in Living Memory: Ourselves
||Toys and Structures
||Our Local Area
||From Food to Fork
Every half-term we have targets for maths.
Autumn 1 Maths
- I can read and write any two digit number up to 20.
- I can read and write any two digit number up to 50.
- I can read and write any two digit number up to 100.
Autumn 2 Maths
- I know my number bonds to 5
- I know my number bonds to 10.
Spring 1 Maths
- I know my number bonds to 20.
Spring 2 Maths
- I know doubles and halves of numbers up to 10.
Summer 1 Maths
- I know number bonds for all numbers to 10.
Summer 2 Maths
- I can count in 2s, 5s and 10s.
In English we are currently working on;
- applying phase 5 phonics to our writing.
- writing a sentence using finger spaces, capital letters, full stops and the conjunction 'and'.
- reading back our sentences.